”I would like to welcome you to Fereneze Golf Club in Barrhead on the outskirts of Glasgow and Paisley. The course provides as much fun for novices as seasoned pros. Come visit us and enjoy an excellent course with superb views. “
Paul Stewart, Club Captain
The Club have relaxed the rules to allow ‘smart casual’ in the clubhouse with
‘appropriate golfing attire’ to be worn on the golf course. ‘Smart casual’ permits the
wearing of smart jeans and training shoes.
The staff and Committee on duty will govern the interpretation of ‘smart casual’ so
please respect their decision if you are approached.
Members who invite visitors to the club must advise them of the rules and make sure
they are followed.
On the Course
The following is for your guidance:
• Shirts – roll neck, with a collar, or turtle-neck to be tucked in to trousers/shorts. Ladies’
golf shirts may be worn as designed.
• Trousers – tailored or plus twos or plus fours are allowed. No jeans or track suit
bottoms allowed. Socks should not be tucked into trousers.
• Men’s Shorts – to be tailored and worn with socks of any length. No draw string or
elasticated waistbands, no outside pockets of any description (Cargo shorts /
trousers). Shorts should be worn to the knee or just above.
• Ladies’ Shorts or Capri Trousers – to be tailored and worn with ankle socks.
• Golf Shoes – recognised golf shoes designed and made for the purpose must be
worn. Juniors under the age of 14 will be allowed to wear trainers when being coached or when playing the course.
In the Clubhouse and Lounges
Smart Casual attire must be worn at all times in and around the Clubhouse.
• Headgear – All non-religious headgear to be removed.
• Smoking – is not allowed in the clubhouse/Lounge this includes e-cigarettes.
• Shirts – Shirts must always be worn tucked into trousers or shorts, with the
exception of straight cut shirts designed to be worn outside trousers.
• Clothing Attire – The wearing of golf clothing is allowed BUT NOT in a wet or
• Tailored Shorts – Tailored Shorts are allowed in the Lounge at any time.
• Golf Shoes – No Golf shoes allowed in the Lounge/Dining room, that includes all golf
shoes with moulded pimples or soft spikes.
• Waterproofs – Waterproofs are not allowed in the lounge.
• Hoodies – Not to be worn with hood covering the head in or around the club house.
Fereneze Golf Club
Glasgow G78 1HJ